Sunday, March 13, 2011

FAQ's About Morel Mushrooms...

Please visit Wisconsin Country Living's Blog for information on Morel picking. From my own experiences and experiences of Wisconsin Folks.

Do morels grow in my region of the United States?
When is the growing season in my region?
When should I start looking and where?
What effect does the weather have on the morel's growth habits?
How come I can't find them?
How can I find help Identifying Trees?
Does the source of the spore that produces the morel die out?
How do morels make their grand appearance to the world?
How fast do they grow?
What type of equipment do I need to get started?
What type of collection bag should I use?
How long is the life cycle or how do I know when I should pick them?
How should I harvest them?
How long will picked morels stay fresh and how should I store them?
What is the best way to preserve my morels?
Are there places I can purchase fresh morels from?
How should I package for shipment?
Can I grow or cultivate the morel myself?
What is the most common way of cleaning and preparing prior to cooking?
What if any, is the nutritional content of the morel mushroom?
How can I help identify my morels if I am not sure?
Is there a way of identifying the False Morel?

No comments: