Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wisconsin Morel Season Approaching...


Hi Morel Maniacs,
I came across one of my favorite Morel websites today as I was cleaning out my favorites folder. It's only March however I'm hoping with all the snow and the wet season approaching we are looking for a great Morel season. I remember as a youngster the season was normally late May for us here in Northeastern Wisconsin and now it being mid April, give or take, depending on the weather. Since inconsistent weather patterns and the right combination of spring warmth and rain make for a healthy Morel environment it's been a little tough to predict. With that being said it's important to get your hiking attire ready and start venturing as early as possible. The time consuming efforts of walking and searching will pay off. For once you find that treasured spot of Morels you can be most certain that you'll find your treaseaures every year with little effort. But remember... What's found in the woods, stays in the woods! Also, keep your ears and eyes open on how others are doing in their search from from Illinois, north. It doesn't take but more than a week or so thereafter to know that Morels will be peaking out from under the mulch of leaves and depris left by winters coat. I will be following the patterns and keeping this blog up to date. Please feel free to follow! This information can be followed on my blog http://www.wisconsincountryliving.blogspot.com/ by clicking the "Follow" on the top right hand corner. I will also have this information updated on Wisconsin Country Living's Facebook Page. Please send your pics and stories for sharing to keri@wisconsincountryliving.com. I'd love to hear from you...
Thanks again for visiting!
Keri Tlachac
Wisconsin Country Living

No comments: